Summer Cooking Experiment


11 AM, Tuesday May 25th

Returning home from college is always interesting - you take a look around the house, see how things have changed, learn the new rules, adapt to the new rituals and habits of your family - and you realize that everyone was pretty much happy without you. You learn that when you cook your own dinner, it is considered a nuisance, not an act of independence.

With this is in mind, how am I going to keep cooking and not drive my family crazy? It's a good question. I am certain that there is not a single recipe in existence that requires little counter space, produces no odor of any kind, doesn't make a mess and takes only a small space of time. I am going to try my best today to consider these issues in the hopes of not causing conflict by making lunch.

I have all summer to push my boundaries, so I think I am going to start with something easy - a Mac and Cheese bake with some veggies mixed in. My brother is my gauge for this experiment and I am going to rate the recipe by how strong a reaction I get. On a scale from 1 to 5, a 1 will be a dirty look, 2 will be a vocal complaint, 3 will be open threats,.4 will be physical obstruction and 5 will be unable to complete recipe. This should be a fun summer - I am going to buy groceries now :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Comparing Apples to Apples: A Fall Series