Flavor of the Month: Latin American

After taking Spanish language classes for eight years, I have tried my hand at quite a few basic latin american recipes. In high school, the French students got to go to Quebec, and the Spanish students got to spend a day eating guacamole, empanadas and flan. So of course, when I saw a Latin Americna cookbook in Barnes & Noble for only $6.98, I was excited to try it. Last night, my boyfriend was craving something sweet and I obliged with a recipe for Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cookies (Galletas de Mani con Canela). I picked them for their simplicity - ingredients included flour, peanut butter, butter, sugar, cinnamon, egg and salt. Unfortunately, the flavor was simple too. They tasted like peanut butter and flour. I'm going to give "The Latin American Kitchen" another chance, but I won't be trying any of the other sweets anytime soon. Don't they just look bland and boring?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash