The Tofu Experiment

I finally got up the courage to try making tofu the other day. I used what they call the dry method. You chop the tofu into small cubes, pat them down with a paper towel and fry them in a non-stick skillet with no oil until the sides are golden.While they are browning, press them down with a spatula to steam out the water. Then marinate for 30 minutes or more. 
We used a Balducci's Thai Marinade. I am going to have to experiment with marinades because the one I used was a little salty. 
After marinating, we stir-fried the tofu with olive oil and mushrooms. I cooked the scallions, carrots, snow peas and bell peppers separately and added them in later.
Deliciousness complete! I'm going to test out different marinades this week and see which ones are best :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash