Quick & Easy "Crab Cake" Sandwich


I needed to go grocery shopping yesterday, but with two exams this week, it just isn't happening until tomorrow. So, for once, I checked the freezer last night to see what I could defrost. I found Imitation Crab Meat - the kind you find in salad bars and is pre-cooked. I figured the worst case scenario was that I would eat it straight out of the bag as a snack. Well turns out inspiration came at the right time and I had delicious and light crab cake sandwiches for lunch!


Ingredients:
Whole wheat bread, 2 slices
I package (7 oz) Imitation Crab Meat
Two stalks of celery, finely chopped
2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
4 Tbsp stone-ground mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
Zesty lemon seasoning, to taste
Pepper, to taste 
Sliced Cheese (optional)

Directions:
Mix together last 7 ingredients in a bowl and spread on toasted bread. Grill in George Foreman grill or panini maker until warm, or cheese is melted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash