Potluck Dishes Fit for a Celiac Part I


In a master's program of over 275 people, there is always someone hosting a dinner, a party or a happy hour. I may be a reluctant cook when I'm home by myself, but I love to cook for others when I get the opportunity! And all the better when I can use my dietitian super powers to feed someone special! 
One of my good friends is a celiac, and when I know she is attending, I am sure to bring something gluten-free! This time the theme was Mexican - a great potluck theme for anyone going gluten-free. Corn tortillas can easily replace flour tortillas in any recipe, and the rest of the fixings tend to be naturally gluten-free. For this enchilada recipe, I just made sure to check the ingredients label to make sure the sauce was safe too.

Ingredients
4 Gluten-free Corn tortillas
4 oz Grilled chicken, sliced
1 1/2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
2-3 Scallions, chopped
1 can black olives, sliced
1 packet Enchilada sauce, Frontera Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

Directions
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap. Microwave until steamy, about 30 seconds. Roll 1/4 cup cheese into each warm tortilla. Place side-by-side in small baking dish or pie dish, seam-side down. Cover completely with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, scallions, and olives. Bake 15 minutes.

Allergens: Milk
Nutrition (1 Enchilada): 310 calories, 17 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 64 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 31 mg potassium, 20 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 19 g protein, 11% vitamin A, 4% vitamin C, 2% iron, 31% calcium
Approximate Cost (1 recipe): $4.87

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash