The Mysterious Case of the Missing Meringue

My first attempt at lemon meringue pie was only passable. But at least I can tell you WHY my meringue was nonexistent!

1. Even the slightest bit of yolk will prevent foam formation - naturally there was the slightest bit in mine I could not fish out

2. Once the foam has started to form peaks (it's ready), it should be poured immediately on top of the filling and thrown in the oven to achieve maximum volume

3. More egg whites would have helped too...apparently two are not enough to significantly cover a 9'' pie

All of which I knew from food science but failed to apply.



Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash