A Repeat Performance

A few weeks ago, I made up a recipe for squash casserole. Today, I made it again, except this time I used 3/4 of the milk it asks for and I used a much smaller casserole dish. Now that I think I have finalized the recipe I am going to officially post it, and it's nutrition info - of course!

Zucchini Casserole

Serves 2 Hungry people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes


Ingredients

1 Zucchini, sliced
2 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 can of condensed cream of potato soup
~1 cup 2% milk
2 cups pepperidge farm stuffing
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 Tbsp butter


Directions

1. Saute onions and celery until brown, add zucchini and mushroom


2. Heat up cream of potato soup (in the microwave or on the stove, see the directions on the can), adding only enough milk to fill the can 3/4 of the way


3. Pour veggies into casserole dish, preferably small and deep


4. Pour soup over top of the veggies, and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes while the stuffing is prepared


5. Make stuffing in a saucepan with the broth, butter and stuffing


6. Take dish out of the oven, pour stuffing over top and bake for another 15 minutes


7. Serve!















Nutrition Info














Compare these values to the recomendations for a woman ages 19-30:






  • Estimated Energy Expenditure: 2403 calories/day

  • Amount from 1 serving: 18.8%

  • Fat (g): 27 g or less

  • Amount from 1 serving: 37%

  • Saturated Fat (g): 9 g or less

  • Amount from 1 serving: 56%

  • Sodium: 1500 mg/day

  • Amount from 1 serving: 143%

  • Fiber: 25 g/day

  • Amount from 1 serving: 32%

Hmmm... Not as healthy as I was hoping. I think the salt content could go waayyyyyy down, and the fat leaves something to be desired. I guess this is not the last word after all....I will be back with some calorie-cutting methods to make one of my favorite new dishes a better frequent flyer :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash