No School - I'm making Cookies!


The urge to bake has not left and after dinner today I could not wait to make molasses cookies! When I look on my shelves at all the spices and sauces I have accumulated recently, I am quite impressed with how much I have really become a Cook. When one of my roommates is missing an ingredient to make dinner, it is not unlikely I will be able to find it in one of the five or six places that I hide away food. Even more exciting to me is when I try to make a recipe and have no way of getting the ingredients, I am able to throw something together anyways with the ingredients I have. I made crab cakes last week and we had neither old bay nor hot sauce nor dijon mustard. Instead, I used yellow mustard packets from the convenience store, I added lots of fresh black pepper and some Worchestershire sauce, and baked them up!
Today, I just got lucky because I had molasses and sugar and flour and spices. The recipe was your typical cookie recipe...beat wet ingredients, combine dry, mix together. But it does ask that you refrigerate the dough for an hour before you bake it. Well, being the impatient baker that I am, I ate the batter and I baked some of the dough right away. They were very doughy, but they were delicious. The later batches that had been refrigerated were more crispy, but still a little chewy inside. 

Comments

  1. GREAT BLOG!!! and those cookies were off the chain:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

End of Season CSA haul