Easy, Healthy, Quick Meals - Part II

Finals are around the corner, but no matter how many times I try to convince myself to stop cooking for a while, I always slip back... I went to the grocery store yesterday, my biggest inspiration for cooking, and I was excited to try a new sauce I bought - Bertolli's Four Cheese Rosa. I normally don't love cream sauces, but this version of Alfredo Sauce has added tomatoes and four different cheeses (In case you couldn't tell from the name). When I opened the jar, the cheesiness was a little overwhelming, and I felt kind of nauseous. As I was cooking, I couldn't decide whether I should use the sauce or not. Luckily, I had made enough vegetables for two meals, and I set one aside before adding the sauce. However, with all my concerns about the sauce being totally gross and inedible, it was actually really good!

My Shrimp Campanelle Recipe
Serves 2-3

Ingredients
Campanelle (or other fun-shaped pasta)
1 small bag of Frozen shrimp
1 jar Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa sauce
1 Red bell pepper
1 Vine-ripened tomato
1 Onion
Dried Basil
Dried Oregano
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder

Directions
1. Start the water boiling and toss in the pasta - campanelle takes a little longer to cook than most
2. Dice the onion and tomato; cut the pepper in slices; defrost the shrimp
3. Saute the onions on medium heat for a few minutes and throw in the tomato and bell pepper
4. Pour in the shrimp, cover the vegetables in herbs and spices and let them simmer
5. Once the pasta is done, and the shrimp has turned pink on both sides, heat up the sauce with the vegetables and combine them all together (I used two heaping spoonfuls of sauce)

This took me only about thirty minutes to prepare, and I think it is a great meal for beginning cooks that want something a little gourmet. Shrimp is one of the easiest meats to cook because they take only a few minutes to cook and they turn pink when their done. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash