I'm Back!!

Midterms Happened. So did Chicken Parmesan. And Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. And some weird sloppy joes.... but considering almost a month has gone by, there has really been very little cooking. Now that I have a three week break from exams, projects and everything I associate with stress, I am turning back to my recipe book and am ready to dive in once again. But here is a recap:

1) Sloppy Joes - I used one of those veggie protein mixes, which I added onions to. I thought it needed to be less sweet and have a bigger kick. And I never think it needs a bigger kick.
 

2) Rosemary Roasted Potatoes - my boyfriend loves potatoes, so I thought I would try this healthy roasted variety. The rosemary was very pronounced, but I think I was supposed to crush it, which I didn't do. Oh, and of course, he didn't have anything to bake them in except a quiche pan that I had asked him to hold onto for me... so it didn't cook in the most even fashion. (It had to be stirred a lot) See Recipe Below.



3) Chicken Parmesan - I had bought this McCormick Italian Herb & Cheese Crusting Blend because I thought it would be an easy introduction into breading chicken and fish. The recipe came from their website. Maybe I just don't like meat prepared this way, but the only thing I didn't like about the recipe was the bread crumbs. The flavor was off



Recipe for: Rosemary Roasted Potatoes from Taste of Home Magazine

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes
1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes (can substitute carrots)
1 large onion, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
4 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and garlic; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, Creole seasoning, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15 in. x 10 in. x 1 in baking pan. 

Bake at 425 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. 

(Personally, the most annoying part was peeling the potatoes, but I brought the potatoes and a trash can over to the living room and peeled the potatoes while I watched TV and sat in a comfy chair, which made it a lot more tolerable.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash