Ft. Lauderdale - Wish you were here!

Ft. Lauderdale Beach
I am always the first person to make excuses about why I can't cook - I don't have time, I haven't been to the grocery store, I just don't feel like it... the list goes on. But I do genuinely enjoy cooking, so when I go on vacation, it's great to be able to relax and make a meal for the people I care about. Making dinner for someone is also a great way to thank some one for their hospitality, if you are bumming a couch, or using the guest bedroom. (See Three Tastes of Chicago)
So I jumped on the opportunity to stay in Ft. Lauderdale in an apartment with a well-stocked kitchen and with a friend willing to be subjected to my cooking. We went to the grocery store together and based our meal on the Thai Kitchen Yellow Curry 10-minute Simmer Sauce that caught our eye. The peppers were just the right amount of crisp and flavorful and the sugar snap peas were deliciously sweet and crunchy!


Yellow Curry Chicken 
Serves 4 
Ingredients: 
Jasmine Rice, 1 cup, dry
Red Bell Pepper, 1 whole, cut into strips
Shredded Carrots, 1/2 cup 
Sugar Snap Peas, 1/2 cup
Chicken Breast, 1 small (about 3/4 lb)
Yellow Curry Simmer Sauce, 1 1/2 cups
Directions:
1. Prepare 1 cup jasmine rice according to package directions. 1 1/2 cups water, and 1 cup of dry rice produces 3 cups cooked.
2. Cut chicken breast into thin 1/2" strips
3. Pour yellow curry sauce into a large saucepan, and bring to a light boil
4. Add chicken strips, and lower heat, stirring occasionally 
5. When chicken is half-done, add carrots and peppers
6. When chicken is no longer pink inside, add peas and basil, stir for 2-3 minutes and serve over rice

Allergens: Coconut, Fish, Soy, Peanuts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash