The wonderful thing about chocolate is...


... you can dip almost anything into it, including coconut macaroons. 

In an effort to use up my shredded coconut leftover from Valentine's Day, one of my good friends from college proposed baking up some coconut macaroons. Right as I was walking out the door on my way to her house, I sent a quick text, "anything else you need before I head over?".
"A double boiler," she replied, "I want to dip the macaroons in chocolate."
It was like music to my ears.

Ingredients

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
5 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.

Allergens: wheat, gluten, milk, tree nuts
Nutrition (1/12 recipe): 287 calories, 12 g fat, 11 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fiber, 4 g protein 
Recipe Note: The nutrition info does not include the chocolate for dipping, I recommend adding a small amount of butter when melting chocolate (see previous post). I also used a smaller ice cream scoop, so I made closer to 30 macaroons, which would be about 115 calories, and 5 g fat.
Recipe from AllRecipes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

End of Season CSA haul