CSA Week 7: Red Beets & Eggplant

This week's CSA included:
- Beets (red)
- Multi-colored carrots
- Cucumbers (3!)
- Eggplant
- Kale
- Fresh onions 
- Summer squash
- Zucchini
- Watermelon

I am all kale-d out by now, so I was pleased to find a happy recipient for it. I already used kale for smoothies, omelets and kale chips. When I made baked chicken wings, I roasted my beets at the same time. Two of the cucumbers ended up in a Chinese cucumber salad, and the third ended up in a cocktail. The eggplant made some delicious caponata, and that used some of the fresh onions as well. The zucchini & yellow squash will find their way into a stir fry hopefully before next week. 


Recipes:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

End of Season CSA haul