I just made pizza, like I said I would. (I don't always follow through on these things, but it helps to already have the ingredients.) On the whole, I learned a lot. Mistake #1 I know that the crust gets less soggy if you cook it a little before, but I left it in for like ten minutes or more, until it was already golden brown. I should have left it in for five minutes and taken it out no matter what my gut told me because the end result was SUPER CRISPY crust. It had a CRUNCH. Mistake #2 The crust is my favorite part, so I didn't cover as much with sauce and ended up with EVEN MORE CRUNCH. Mistake #3 Don't skimp on the cheese. It looked like I ran out of shredded cheese and it barely had that stretchy, gooey-ness I crave from pizza cheese. Mistake #4 I forgot how hot the juices in tomatoes get when you cook them, they definitely need to be thinly sliced if you are going to put some fresh tomatoes with the sauce like I did. Any finally, it's not exactly a mistake, but the more toppings the better. If you are making veggie pizza, the toppings are one of the healthiest parts - load them on!

Don't laugh at my cooking skills - the pizza was more than edible, it was actually pretty tasty. It just doesn't look exactly what a tasty pizza should look like. My roommates are not going to appreciate me skimping on the cheese and thinly spreading the sauce if it means that the pizza looks nothing like what they know and love. Hopefully, I will get a second chance to try again but I definitely learned something!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Comparing Apples to Apples: A Fall Series