Mission Tomato: Part III

Attempt #2

Recipe: Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

Servings: 6 to 8

Number of Grilled Cheeses so Far: 4

After trying the Cream of Tomato soup, and not being impressed, I decided that maybe I am not a creamy soup girl after all. The heavy cream pretty much grossed me out. However, my passion for all things tomato has not ceased and thus the Roasted Tomato Basil Soup was attempted. You can be sure it went better the second time around because I am not too ashamed to show you a picture of it. (Or did you not notice that?) It was actually quite pretty and relatively tasty too! I had a food processor at hand, but I realized that I am going to have to invest in a food mill if I really want a soupy consistency. There were definitely chunks of basil and chunks of tomato. But I do like how Ina Garten roasts her plum tomatoes before putting them in the soup. I think that really adds flavor. Now that I have made the
extravagant recipes, and learned the tricks, I want to see how I can apply those tricks to other recipes...tomato soup recipes of course!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash