Some how the Easy Chicken Bake on the back of the Stovetop Stuffing box turned into something pretty inspiring. Well, the chicken was not all that amazing, but the recipe made me realize that soup can bring flavor to almost any dish.


Think of green bean casserole, a dish my family makes fun of but at the same time can't resist. I believe that the traditional recipe uses cream of mushroom soup, but my family uses cream of potato instead. I think the starchy creaminess of the potato soup goes better with the french fried onions.


Combine these two ideas together (Chicken Bake and Green Bean casserole) and who knows what might happen? I am imagining green and yellow squash, onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms sizzling underneath a layer of campbell's cream of potato soup...With a thin layer of herb stuffing layered over top (and the rest on the side). Seasonings might include garlic and thyme, and a healthy amount of pepper.


Yep, that is what I am making Tuesday night after my biochemistry exam :)
P.S. In case you are actually curious what my pretty average but inspiring lunch was:
Ingredients: Celery, Onion, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Vegetable broth, Chicken Breast, Herb Stuffing
1. Cook the stuffing, chop the veggies and chicken into small pieces
2. Combine chicken and veggies in the bottom of a casserole dish
3. Pour broth over top of chicken and veggies
4. Layer on the stuffing and pour some broth over that too to keep it moist
5. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash