Hearts and Stars and Trees - Oh My!

While spending Thanksgiving in Indiana, one of our primary occupations was antiquing. There were a lot of silly hats and commemorative mugs from the 1950s, but every once in a while there was something really special that I just had to have. My had-to-have item was a vintage cookie press. It pretty much looks like a caulking gun with a set of templates for different-shaped cookies. The classic cookie press recipes appears to be the spritz cookie, but there are other variations as well. The box actually includes nine recipes for different flavors of cookies, but all but one used vegetable shortening, which I don't like for multiple reasonings - mostly because it is processed fat - gross!

I will definitely have to try a recipe this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash