Pad Thai

I was wondering around the grocery store this afternoon, looking for an inspirational dinner, and I ended up with a box. I don't why there is a notion in the back of my head all the time that I could never make Pad Thai, or Curry or Sesame Chicken from scratch. When I have cravings for Thai or Chinese or some other exotic food, I never think I could make it as good myself. The truth is that boxes and restaurants have the upper hand because they can add chemicals, flavorings and other fun additives, so next time I make Pad Thai I am going to make it from scratch.
The box of "Pad Thai for Two" I bought only includes rice noodles and the pad thai sauce, so I think if I found a good sauce recipe I could adapt the relatively simple box recipe into a home-made one.

Ingredients

1 egg, beaten
4 chopped scallions
1/3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
2 cups bean sprouts
Ambiguous amounts of rice noodles, pad thai sauce, cilantro and lime juice...

I need to do some research, but I'll have an answer soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash