Happy Hour at Home

My absolute favorite College Park bar food is the Spinach Artichoke dip from Santa Fe Cafe. It comes out of the back piping hot and still bubbling, very green but also very cheesy and you cannot taste any one flavor or tell how they make such a wonderful creation. The pita gets gobbled up quickly and then only the salty tortilla chips are left... maybe I am the only one who notices but the fatty, cheesiness of the dip with the salty chips is just a little too much. 
Flashback to last Tuesday...perusing the aisles of my favorite Bethesda grocery store and I see a can of artichoke hearts calling my name. My phone is dead and I have no idea what is in spinach artichoke dip but I know that I have to make it. 
Flashforward to this morning...I go to the convenience store, recipe in hand, and am so grateful they actually have sour cream, hot sauce, whole wheat pita and shredded mozzarella. If only they had a beautiful plate for me to serve it on:
When my food looks like this, I will be satisfied. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash