St. Patty's Day means eating green food even if it is only remotely Irish

The food network had a whole article in their last issue about green food for St. Patrick's Day - green ravioli, green shrimp, green drinks and green grilled cheese. Originally, I thought the "Irish" grilled cheese would be a good appetizer before the rosemary roated potatoes were ready, but I was so full after eating two sandwiches I could barely eat the dessert (Chocolate Guiness Cupcakes- my next post). In the interest of not overeating, I am going to cut down the recipe to serve 1 person.

Ingredients:
1/2 Tbsp chives
1/2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 Tbsp scallions
1 Tbsp butter, softened
2 slices white bread
Irish Cheddar Cheese
Bread and Butter Pickles

Directions:
Mix the softened butter and three types of herbs together. Cover the inside of the bread in butter and layer on cheese and pickles. Once the cheese is melted and the toast grilled to perfection, melt more herb butter on the outside and serve!

These sandwiches were so delicious, but all the butter made me a little uncomfortable. If too much fat has that effect on you too, try using less butter, healthier butter or pam butter spray to grill them.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash