The Adventures of Spaghetti, Butternut and Acorn Squash - Part 1


The only way I have ever eaten spaghetti squash (before today) was with lots of butter and some spicy, ground sausage... it was delicious! Today, I found a healthier recipe to try on my own, but it really lacked that oomphiness that I remembered. The water seeping out the bottom didn't help it either. However, I did get to use a melon-baller to scoop out all the "spaghetti" which was tons on fun, and tomorrow I am going to add some spice when I eat the leftovers and see if that improves it.  If there is no significant improvement, I will just have to accept that spaghetti squash needs a little more help than it's delicious cousins, butternut and acorn. I'll keep y'all posted... I'm crossing my fingers that there is a magical fix and I just don't know it yet... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash