I didn't want to buy anything extra to make lunch, and I wanted to incorporate healthy veggies and some dairy, so I came up with a mushroom and onion melt. It was pretty tasty except that all I had was a whole wheat hot dog bun for a roll...here it is:

I used:
-3 mushrooms (not the white boring kind - portobello mushrooms would probably be good but I used cremini mushrooms)
-Diced onions (just a little bit because onions are awesome!)
-1 slice of provolone cheese
-1 "roll"

I cooked the onions until they began to brown, threw in the mushrooms for a minute or two, took the skillet off the burner and let the cheese melt on top of the veggies before scooping it onto the bun. On an academic scale, I would give it a B or a B-. It tried pretty hard to be good, and it started out with the right things, but it wasn't quite perfect. Mostly it was the hot dog bun that was turning soggy by the end that could have been better - but that's college! It was so much better thyan cafeteria food anyways! Okay, maybe I will be back for dinner if I feel brave.

Darn! Just realized I meant to put marinara sauce on it or use it to dip in...oh well...next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash