Ingredient of the Day: Zucchini

I just bought zucchini at whole foods when I was home yesterday, so I was eager to cook it. I found a lot of casserole recipes online which took too long to make, so I made up my own zucchini-themed dish - Zucchini with Sundried Tomato Polenta and Grape Tomatoes, seasoned with pepper and basil. I just cooked them all in a thin layer of olive oil, adding first the polenta, then the zucchini and then the tomatoes. The tomatoes were kind of an after thought to add color. The squash turned such a nice brown color when I cooked it, and the crispy texture of the polenta is a good contrast in texture to the softened vegetables.

I still haven't been able to buy groceries and try out a legitimate recipe, but it will happen soon! That is the only real test to find out if I have learned anything about cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash