Yesterday we got our first acorn squash and I drank my first PSL of the season - fall is here! Here in New England, true fall is cold and rainy, so I am embracing fall while it is still sunny, warm, sweater weather. My husband has been bringing sunflowers home every week for us to enjoy, and I know we will miss all the gorgeous flowers once the seasons truly change. Our fridge is overflowing with veggies right now, despite the fact that I have cooked 3 or 4 nights this week, and eaten a ton of leftovers. Week 13 Week 14 Week 15 Week 16 Week 17 Week 18 s Beets Cabbage Carrots Celery Eggplant Garlic Head lettuce Kale Melons Onions Peppers Potatoes Sweet corn Tomatoes Yellow squash Zucchini PYO beans PYO flowers PYO herbs PYO peppers PYO tomatoes Beets Baby bok choi Cabbage Carrots Celery Eggplant Garlic Head lettuce Kale Melons Onions Peppers Potatoes Salad turnips Summer squash T...
While it's still fresh on my mind, I wanted to put down some of my thoughts on weaning. The oxford dictionary defines weaning as: “[to] accustom (an infant or other young mammal) to food other than its mother's milk.” Weaning starts with the first introduction of solids, and ends with the last nursing session, so it can be a gradual, multi-year process. A lot of women give a negative connotation to weaning, but I would argue it is just one beautiful transition among many. 4-6 months My husband was home with the baby during most of this time, but when we transitioned to daycare, we sent 4 bottles totaling 15 fl oz of breast milk (3.5 fl oz, 3.5 fl oz, 4 fl oz, & 4 fl oz). The first two weeks, she was only drinking 8-12 fl oz at most as she adjusted to her new environment. 6-8 months We only did 1 meal per day for the first 4-5 weeks, so my little one had that one meal with us at home. The daycare asked for more milk, but I told them I couldn't send more than 15 fl oz. Ar...
Late July is when we really start to feel the abundance of the farm share. We marvel at the beautiful heirloom tomatoes, and our jaws drop at the quantity of zucchini and yellow squash they provide. Wildlfowers are plentiful, and sunflowers are not so carefully rationed as they are at other times of year. We can never seem to eat the beets with enough consistency to get through them, and are constantly enlisting help. Last time we were picking veggies in the fields, I overhead the other members talking about zucchini bread, and I figured I'd give it a try this week. Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 Week 11 Week 12 Beets Broccoli Cabbage Carrots Chard Cucumbers Head lettuce Kale Napa cabbage Onions Radicchio Salad mix Scallions Yellow squash Zucchini PYO flowers PYO herbs Beets Cabbage Carrots Chard Cucumbers Eggplant Head lettuce Kale Napa cabbage Onions Radicchio Salad mix Sc...
Comments
Post a Comment