Easy, Healthy, Quick Meals Part V

This past Sunday, I fully intended on running the 3 miles to the nearby Safeway and taking the bus back with groceries in hand. Well turns out, I forgot my knee brace, I was dehydrated and tired, and it was already starting  to get dark when I finally set out at 6:30 pm. Darn, I had to go to Whole Foods. 
I was hungry by the time I got there, and ravenous by the time I got home. So this was a good compromise. I bought the beef and bean chili from the hot salad bar, and the chips and Mexican cheese from Whole Foods, but I had Safeway "salsa fresca" at home. It is so easy to make, and really it's "healthy enough" when you're in a pinch.

Pour beef and bean chili over top of a handful of blue corn chips. Sprinkle Mexican cheese on top. Microwave 30-45 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Spoon salsa on top - be generous, it's probably the healthiest part! 

The only way that this recipe is moderately healthy is if you use the cheese sparingly, lather on the salsa, and don't go crazy with the corn chips. Also, if you're like me, put the corn chips away before you decide to snack on them while you wait a whole 45 seconds for the cheese to melt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash