My Recent Fascination with Melted Cheese

I learned recently that Americans eat an average of 28 pounds of cheese every year. I think I am giving America a run for its money this week with all my cheesy nachos, cheese-filled quiche and cheesy zucchini. I just need to make cheesy grits and I'll have covered breakfast, lunch and dinner with delicious cheese. 
This recipe is what I would call and "fiber and fat" recipe, because if I was making this for food service class, 70% of the calories would come from fat and I would be in trouble. Luckily. I am not in class, and I can drizzle olive oil and sprinkle cheese to my heart's content!

Slice up pre-cooked polenta and zucchini. Get the polenta slices nice and crispy, cooking it on medium with olive oil, Italian seasonings, and garlic powder. Cook the zucchini separately in the same way, until soft. Place the crispy polenta slices on the bottom of a casserole dish. Layer zucchini on top. Sprinkle Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses on top. Bake at 375 degrees until the cheese browns on top.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash