Fighting cravings with Baking?!?


After eating take out for lunch and dinner, I knew I couldn't sit around in my apartment and wait for the cravings to strike. So, I dragged myself to the gym, and when I got home, I baked. It seems counter-intuitive to bake to prevent snacking, but it keeps my mind off of the tortilla chips in the cupboard and the Ben & Jerry's in the freezer. And even when I have "no food in the house", I always have flour and sugar. Kill two birds with one stone and bake your breakfast, lunch or dinner for the next day in advance!

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup frozen, pitted dark cherries, quartered

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add egg, milk and oil. Stir until combined. Stir in dark cherries. Fill greased 2 1/2 inch muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from tins. Makes 12 muffins.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash