A Leftover Success Story


I am starting to notice a trend. All the recipes I try that turn out really well are recipes from manufacturers. All the recipes that are so-so are from random people. My dark cherry muffins, spinach & cheese crescents,  yellow curry chicken, and chocolate scotcheroos were all recipes from the manufacturer of the products I was using. My unfortunate spaghetti squash and my average-tasting lemon cookies, on the other hand, were someone's home-grown recipes. Not to say that all home recipes on the internet are bad, but they just haven't been tested for consistency the way professional recipes are. Also, I'm sure the processed foods (like crescent rolls) are going to taste good no matter what I do with them, but that's another story.... 
This is an example of yet another manufacturer's recipe that is awesome, awesome, awesome. I NEVER enjoy leftovers, and I thought this quiche recipe tasted even better after I reheated it two days later. 

INGREDIENTS
8 oz. Fake Crab Chunk Style
2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
1 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups milk, or half & half
4 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-9" pastry shell (I used a frozen shell from whole foods by wholly wholesome naturally wholicious that was better than any Pillsbury refrigerated crust)

DIRECTIONS
Bake frozen pie shell in 375°F oven for six minutes and allow to cool. Combine Crab Classic, cheese, and flour; spread mixture in pie crust. Beat together eggs, milk, lemon juice, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cheese mixture. Bake 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Week 18: Mire poix and Winter squash