I put the full cup of milk in the condensed potato soup, but it ended up being a little watery, so I left it in the oven for a little while before putting the stuffing on top. Stuffing is so much better when it is made with broth, and this stuffing was delicious! Definitely going to make it again! My roommate and I gobbled it up in about 20 minutes!
A soup with food groups in the perfect ratio
Whenever I'm looking for new recipes, I always tell my husband, "it's all about the ratios". I was immediately optimistic about this recipe because of its Mediterranean flavors, and excellent veggie to starch ratio. I always teach "make half your plate vegetables", and I feel like this recipe accomplishes that, even in a soup format. Let's look at the breakdown: 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots = 1 1/2 servings chopped vegetables 4 cups raw spinach = 2 servings leafy greens 4-5 scallions = 1 serving chopped vegetables 1 cup cilantro = 1/2 serving leafy greens / 4 servings of vegetable 2 servings of pasta 16 oz protein 1 serving vegetable : 1/2 serving grains : 4 oz protein And in fact the ratio of protein: carbs: fat is 29 g: 29 g: 10 g. I couldn't be happier with the macros. Plus it is baby girl approved! Moroccan meatball soup Ingredients Puree 1 bunch of green onions 1 cup fresh cilantro Meatballs 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey 1 large egg, lightly bea...
Comments
Post a Comment