Food making Memories


I took a bit of a break from blogging while looking for a job, but I am excited to jump back into it now that I am gainfully employed. When I don't have time to cook every day, or every week, cooking is a special treat to share with those I care about - and can be a lot of fun. Plus, it's healthier and cheaper than going out. 


This simple combination of pasta, sauteed onions, grape tomatoes, basil, feta, olive oil, garlic and Italian herbs was a great success when my old college roommate and I wanted a quick lunch to share on the patio on one of the last warm days in September.  


Giada's Roman Chicken recipe made for a delicious date night with the new boyfriend. After a long, busy week full of not the best food choices, it feels good to sit down and enjoy a homemade meal for a change. Just remember to leave plenty of time to prepare the meal, so you're not stressed out or tempted to snack while you wait.


I don't how I got it into my head that I wanted to make a Smorgastorta - aka "Savory Sandwich Cake" - a traditional Swedish cake that is supposed to be a great appetizer and look beautiful too. Mine looks less than beautiful, but constructing this 4 layer cake and deciding on what each layer should be and how to decorate was great fun on a cold winter night. The fillings included cream cheese and cucumber, smoked salmon, tomato and more cream cheese. Definitely not for the faint of heart.... or those with a heart condition. 


When my boyfriend and I first started dating, he mentioned a trip to Hawaii, and some particularly delicious banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce. Of course, I was intrigued. I came to find out that he is not the only one craving pancakes from Boots and Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen in Kailua, HI - this recipe has the same inspiration. Now these pancakes will remind me of lazy Sundays, watching football. 

Recipes and nutrition coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tortilla Pizza Face-Off Part I

Recipe Re-do: Morning Glory Muffins

Comparing Apples to Apples: A Fall Series